Welcome to The Freund Group's blog spot! We are a real estate group with a combined total of over 50 years of experience helping buyers and sellers in all aspects of residential, commercial, as well as, investors, foreclosures and short sale transactions. Whether you are thinking of buying or selling a home, our helpful resources and tips will help you through the process.
Our blog spot will feature stories of events around the Houston area, the housing market trends and the benefits of investing in Houston real estate. Please feel free to ask questions or voice a concern in the comment section.
Empty Nesters: Best to Remodel or Time to Sell?
Your children have finally moved out and you and your spouse now live alone in a four-bedroom colonial (or a similar type of house). You have two choices to make:
1. Remodel your house to fit your current lifestyle and needs
2. Sell your house and purchase the perfect home
Based on the record of dollars spent on remodeling and renovations, it appears that many homeowners are deciding on number one. But, is that the best long-term solution?
If you currently live in a three- to four-bedroom home, you probably bought it at a time when your children were the major consideration in determining family housing needs. Along with a large home, you more than likely also considered school district, the size of the property and the makeup of other families living in the neighborhood (example: you wanted a block with other kids your children could play with and a backyard large enough to accommodate that).
Remodeling your home to meet your current needs might mean combining two bedrooms to make one beautiful master suite and changing another bedroom into the massive walk-in closet you always wanted. However, if you live in a neighborhood that historically attracts young families, you may be dramatically undermining the value of your house by cutting down the number of bedrooms and making it less desirable to the typical family moving onto your block.
Research shows you will recoup only 64.4% of a remodeling project’s investment dollars if you sell in the future.
Your home is probably at its highest value as it stands right now. Instead of remodeling your house, it may make better financial sense to sell your current home and purchase a home that was built specifically to meet your current lifestyle and desires.
In many cases, this well-designed home will give you exactly what you want in less square footage (read: less real estate taxes!) than your current home. Bottom Line If you are living in a house that no longer fits your needs, at least consider checking out other homes in your area that would meet your lifestyle needs before taking on the cost and hassle of remodeling your current house.
4th of July Celebrations in and around Bay Area Houston
If you are looking for something fun to do with family and friends this 4th of July holiday and want to keep it local, check out the events being held in and around the Bay Area. The Freund Group has you covered with details below:
· League City will be hosting the annual 4th of July Fireworks Extravaganza this Wednesday at 6pm-10pm. The event will be held at Chester L. Davis Sportsplex.
· This family-friendly event is free and open to the public and includes a fireworks display, live music, inflatables vendors and food trucks. Be sure to bring your won lawn chairs or blankets to enjoy an evening with family and friends as part of your Independence Day celebration. Fireworks begin at sundown.
· Kemah will celebrate the 4th with live music and a Patriotic firework show over Galveston Bay at 9:30.
· Galveston will be holding its 180th City of Galveston Celebration Independence Day Parade and Fireworks. Starting at 7pm at 37th Street and Seawall Blvd. The event will kick off with a parade featuring a procession of floats, decorated military vehicles and performers. The parade will kick off at 7pm and will start on the Seawall at 59th Street and end at 25th Street. After the parade the island will host 20-minute fireworks show over the Gulf of Mexico at 9:15 near 37th Street and Seawall Blvd.
The City of Pasadena Parks & Recreation Department’s 4thFest is an annual event that has something for everyone: live music, kids’ games, food vendors and LOTS of fireworks! Admission is absolutely FREE. 5:00 PM until 7:00 PM with Kevin Fowler performing at 7:30 PM.
· Deer Park is celebrating the Fourth of July at Jimmy Birke Activity Center, 500 W 13th St, Deer Park, TX 77536. Indoor attractions will be held 5-8:30 pm. Enjoy games, arts & crafts, attractions and concessions. Rides and attractions- 5-9:00 PM. Arts & Crafts for kids 5-8, concessions 5-9 and face painting for kids 5-9pm. There will also be a sandcastle building contest, construction is from 6-8, judging is at 8. Fireworks will begin at 9:15pm.