Things you should do to get your home ready to sell
On today’s Real Estate Insights with The Freund Group, Tammi Freund will be discussing a few things you should do when getting your home ready to sell.
1. De-clutter: If you can put some of your items in storage that were originally in the closet. Doing so will make the closet appear larger. Place some furniture in storage. This will also help with a de-cluttered look.
2. Paint walls a neutral color. Painting walls neutral colors will also help when it’s time for photos of the property to be placed on the web. Neutral wall colors also help brighten up small dark rooms and make the rooms feel larger.
3. De Personalize your space. Take down those family photos. with family photos of your family on around every turn, the buyer has a harder time imagining the home as their own.
4. Start working on those minor repairs. Fix leaky faucets, fix doors that don’t close properly and drawers that jam, replace burned out or dim light bulbs.
5. Deep clean. Deep clean the carpets, wash those windows and eliminate any pet odors but don’t make the home smell overwhelming.
6. Clear out the garage. Make sure the garage is clean.
7. Curb Appeal. Now is a great time to fertilize your yard so it will look pretty and green for when you put your home on the market. Paint that old front door and make it look new again. The trend is colored front doors but don’t get too wild with it. Be sure it matches properly and looks welcoming. If your flower beds need some attention, now is the time to work on them. Once spring rolls around plant some colorful flowers. Trim back any trees that are causing the front yard too much shade. Pressure wash driveways and walkways and clean those gutters.
8. Service your heating and cooling system. Now is a great time to do this since it will be checked on an inspection anyhow.
9. MOST IMPORTANLY: If you don’t already have an agent give a Realtor a call. There is no obligation to sign anything and The Freund Group’s advice is always free. This will also be a great time to ask your agent what he/she thinks in their professional option, what the house will most likely sell for. I always like to make suggestions to my sellers on small changes that can make all the difference in the world.
If you are interested in putting your home on the market give the Freund Group a call today. We can tell you exactly what you should do to get your home ready to sell. 281-479-6683 or click on the link below.