The holidays are a time for family, friends, and…house hunting? Believe it or not, many people begin their home search during the holiday season. In fact, December is often one of the busiest months for real estate. If you’re thinking of selling your house this year, don’t wait—here are five reasons why now is the time to put your home on the market.
1. Increased demand: Homebuyers are actively looking during the holidays, which means there’s a larger pool of potential buyers. This increases the chances that your house will find its new owner quickly—and at a good price.
2. Less competition: With most people waiting until after the holidays to list their home, you’ll have less competition from other sellers in your area–and that could mean more money for you.
3. Timely sales: When you list your home during the holidays, chances are you’ll be able to close before or right around New Year’s Day—which can be beneficial if you need to move quickly or want to start off 2018 with a fresh financial start.
4. Tax advantages: Selling during the holidays can also be a smart way to take advantage of tax benefits that come with selling your home. From deductions on closing costs to capital gains exclusions, you could save money when filing taxes in 2018 if you sell before year-end.
5. Staging opportunities: The holidays are a great time to show off your house’s potential thanks to festive decorations and additions like holiday trees or winter wreaths. This is an opportunity for buyers to envision themselves living in the space—which could be just the impetus they need to make an offer.
Selling your house during the holidays has many perks and benefits that could help get your home sold faster—and for more money. So don’t be discouraged if you didn’t list it earlier or need to act quickly before the end of the year; there are plenty of buyers actively searching and they might just find your house when they do!
Don’t wait—your house could be the perfect gift that a buyer has been hoping to receive this holiday season. It could be the gift that keeps on giving for years to come! If you’re ready to list your home, let an experienced real estate agent help make the process easy and stress-free. With their help, you can get your house listed in time for the holidays and find a buyer who is eager to put it at the top of their wish list. So don’t wait—take advantage of this season of giving by giving yourself the gift of selling your house before the new year arrives!